Monday, August 9, 2010

Rehab for furniture

Almost threw this out. You can't imagine how many things I've placed curbside, after a few days I start to think... "coulda, shoulda, woulda". So, w/ this one, I decided to just stand back and imagine where it would fit if paint, then the it was "black or white?" LOL.


Countless stickers, removing them was a good time *sarcasm*

I used nail polish remover and it took me a little over 3 hours to get them all off.


I applied the nail polish to the cotton balls and let them sit on the sticker while a scraped it off, by the time I got the sticker under the cotton ball it was a easy. I used plastic scraper to protect the wood.


Primed w/ left over Gripper primer and sealer.


With so little storage space this was a great solution, I'm hoping the boys will continue to use it to keep books, back pack off my table and furniture. Hmmm maybe this should be where I put my keys every night.


It appears tight but it's actually a great size for that wall.

I saved a boat load by rehabbing Nelson's bookcase and increasing storage and organize more as time goes on.


Ikea's Expedite is a great bookcase that some turn upside down and add legs to rise it. Have you checked out Ikea hacker yet?





No comments: